Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Out of Left Field

I feel like I've been catapulted into a new arena of thought. All of my children are here and living. I have a full life, and I've got my toes in many different ponds right now. Within four years, all of my children will be in school. Within 5 years, I'll be free from 8 to 3. That's a lot of hours in a day. I decided to call the University, so see what I would need to apply for their Masters of Architecture. Turns out, I need some math and some physics before I can even register for their 3+ Maters program, which is where I'd need to be, I'm sure, considering that I've been out of school for 14 years and haven't practiced in my field. I can take the math and physics courses online or the community college. I have to be able to pass a test and show that I can handle the Calculus course before I can register for it, online or otherwise. I did a little digging on the community college website and found that the book for both the trigonometry and College Algebra were the same - and then I found it online for $15.00 (which is like 15% of retail) and I bought it. I've printed out all of the homework assignments and I'm going to start studying. So, there you have it. I'm going back to school - without the professor, and just so that I can get ready for a test, to take some classes which might help me decide whether I really want to go back to school or not. I'm actually a little bit excited about re-learning math again. No matter what, the things that I'm working on now will be very helpful to me when my kids start getting into more than add/subract/multiply/divide.

No comments: