Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Gramma Camp

My mother is amazing. She was thinking about how we, as children, spent long extended amounts of time with our grandmothers in the summer, and she wanted her grandchildren to have that - even though we live very close and see her regularly. She devised "Gramma Camp". This week from Tuesday at lunchtime until Thursday after dinner, she had the little princesses over - my E (6) and my sister's C (going on 3). They were having so much fun, that when we arrived on the Wednesday to celebrate the 4th of July, both girls ran inside saying, "I don't want to go home yet!" Believe me, that didn't hurt my feelings. At all. I'm not exactly sure what they did, I know E came home with a new sun dress that "they" made. I also know that Q (4 years) was extremely jealous. he had not less than three tearful episodes during E's camp time. We kept reassuring him that his time would come. And it will, although the plan right now is for the 4 year old boys will come home to sleep. Q and S are a handful, largely because Q is such a fantastic instigator of frightful fun. (Frightful to adults, that is.)
My father has always claimed that my mother is an Angel and I truly believe that she is. I’ve never known anyone more unselfish and loving. She is a Spiritual Rock and the person most like Jesus Christ that I know. (She probably wouldn't like that I said that, which just goes to further my point.) Lucky for me, she is my very own mother and the grandmother of my 5 crazy children. She says not only “suffer the little children to come unto me,” she adds “and let them have a really wonderful time!”

No comments: