Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, July 13, 2007

And they're off!

I came up with a pretty ingenious way to pack clothes for a large family going on a road trip vacation. I will discuss that further if it works. I guess I'll discuss it if it turns out to be a disaster, too. It seems pretty fool-proof so I have high hopes.
We are planning to leave this morning. All of the important things are done, and I'll let you know later what I forgot. The kids are all very excited. Q was so tired from Gramma camp that he just couldn't deal emotionally with the preparations for a trip.

Here are some cute E stories. Yesterday when I was working on some changes in my Stampin' Up website, she came up and began to talk to me about her son that had died. "I have a son, he died. He didn't die because someone killed him, he just died. I think that he had a heart attack."
I was trying to encourage her to go on, because she was being so "adult and serious" so I asked her what her son's name was.
"Superman." Totally deadpan.
Very hard not to laugh.
She was having a hard time waiting for vacation day. It was all she talked to her friends about. "If you come here tomorrow, I won't be here. We are going to be gone for EIGHT DAYS."
I love it. This is the first time that she's been old enough to anticipate a vacation, and it's cute. This morning, she came into this room and said, "It Friday now?" in her "happy baby" voice and a big smile on her face. (She sparkles when she smiles, it is a pleasure to see her happy.)

And now, it is time to get ready, get set, go!

No comments: