Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hectic Week

Tomorrow, my Q-tee pie is off to Gramma Camp. Thank Heaven for that because I've got to get ready for a family vacation. We are going down to Southern Utah, Zion's National Park and the Grand Canyon. We'll stay overnight in Kanab. When I called to make the reservation, I'm fairly sure the woman on the other end repeated "5 children" at least 4 times. Thankfully, there was one family suite left, with just enough beds for our little army. It will be Friday the 13th. (Just throwing caution to the wind here and hoping that there are no crazed killers on the loose near the lodge.) Stampin' Up! just happens to have their manufacturing facility in Kanab, so we'll stop there on Friday afternoon. I have high hopes for some fun. We haven't done anything big together as a family since before A was born. T was very excited when I told him what we have planned. He said, "I'll have lots of things to tell everyone when I go back to school." That's the goal.
When we have seen some natural beauty, we'll head to Las Vegas and stay there until the following Friday. Luckily, all of our family members have swimming pools of which I'm sure we'll be making good use. I think that I better get a huge bucket of Raspberry Lemonade mix from Costco - it is going to be HOT! I started making a list today of all the things that I need to remember to pack or bring. It's huge. (Somewhat like our family.) I'm sure of absolutely one thing. I will forget something. Never fails. Last time it was the sunscreen and swim diapers. I'll have three good days to get things done, and hopefully I'll have a clear head. I think that I've mentioned before how much simpler life without Q can seem. A is picking up steam in the precocious department, but she's still pretty small and just doesn't have the same capabilities that he does. Tomorrow has to be a run around day. The car needs and oil change, wiper fluid and probably at least a couple new tires. While I'm out, I'll go pass by a couple other places. I'm going to try to take all the kids with me. It might slow me down a little, but I want to be with them while they are out of school. Getting the boys out of the house is about the only way to keep their minds of the computers. I'm sure the car dealership isn't their idea of fun, but I think I might have a shot with the "maybe they'll have donuts" shtick. I have a Stampin' Up! delivery to make, which is sort of on the way to the dealership. My favorite paper store is downtown, too. We'll see. Lunch might be a good bribe. One of the other days has got to be a shopping day. I think we've got plenty of sunscreen, but I know we need swim diapers and wipes will be a must. We'll need lots of snack food in single serving sizes. Simplification is the word of the day. I'm going to try not to do what someone else has already done for me.
I bet someone could make a career out of planning other people's vacations. Like wedding planners, only more nitty gritty. I'd sure love to have someone to take care of my big to do list right now. I'd love to concentrate on all of the other things that are bothering me at the moment. I doubt there'll be any time for that, however. Not having time to think about the problems may be the best thing for me after all. Concentrating on stress doesn't make it go away. Hopefully, some of the stress will just leak out while we are wandering around Zion on Friday and checking out the Grand Canyon on Saturday and playing by the pool. I'll have to report on later on the reality of all my theories.
I'm just hoping to have some fun and make more good memories than difficult ones. Everything we experience in life seems to have a mixture of both. I'm hoping for some sweet stuff this time around.

No comments: