Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Tonight T has a baseball game at 8:30 p.m.

I'm very interested to see how the younger children fair with this later game time. Luckily for us, two of my sisters and their husbands will be attending and you know that saying about many hands making light work. We are about T minus 2 hours right now and amazingly I have a better than average dinner ready to go. That turned out to be extra great because D is also home earlier than usual. That means we can eat, and take our time, bundle everyone up and enjoy a very interesting night under the park lights.
I have no idea what to expect. The little ones have been very active this afternoon and it's been a warmer than usual day. I have a good feeling about their being at least a tiny bit wiped out. That could be great! They might sit and watch. Last game, all three of the younger ones were running around like loose cannons. They rejected all efforts to contain them, which meant that we didn't get to see much of the game. That's okay. So Far, the entire experience has been quite positive. I was nervous about T's reaction to the pressure, but the positives outweigh the negatives. He has grown, and the challenges will serve him very well. He's usually very upbeat at game time. We'll hope that today will be the same for him. The only problem that I can see is that T has also been running around in the sun. So, HE might also be a little wiped out. That might not be good. Especially if he has to make the catch of his life tonight. I think he'll be excited about all the extra family there. We usually have very good attendance and I hope that makes him happy rather than nervous. He's been extra nervous at the plate lately, and his coach has told him that he MUST swing at anything good. His coach is the grandfather of one of his teammates. He really seems to care, and treat them equally even though their skill levels vary a great deal.
For now, it's time to get dinner on the table, so that we can "work the plan." I've loved the chance to go to the park, and watch my boy. I'm glad that he's interested in it because baseball was one of my favorite sports, too. I'm looking forward to tonight, and the rest of the spring. I'm also glad that this is the only 8:30 p.m. game.

No comments: