Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, March 2, 2007

The language of Q

This was part of a previous post, and is one that I will continue to update. I love love love this age with children. They are learning so much so quickly - and it they use everything at their disposal to communicate. I try to remember as much as possible and get it into their scrapbooks to review when they are driving me crazy. Some of my all time favorite Q creations are in the realm of language. One of the funniest things Q does is use sound effects to fill in the gaps in his vocabulary. I'll try to pay close attention so that I can capture one of these sentences as true to form as I can.

Many children have their own sweet version of the ABC's. Q knows the ABC song perfectly and this is how it goes. "A, B, C, D, F, O, G. . .How I wonder what you are."

He has brought to us "Hangaburgs" - hamburgers, "Gargarbshz Can" - garbage truck, "Buggle Gum" - bubble gum, "Chicka Maggots" - Chicken Nuggets, "backset" - basket, "frayvit" - favorite, "sofaly" - softly, "oak" - yolk, "Who is that?" - What is that?, "Boats" - Honey Bunches of Oats, "Crampa and Cramma" - Grandpa and Grandma, "Spraindled Eggs" - scrambled eggs, "Yes, I nam", and finally "Butt Lightyear" - sorry Mr. Disney.

I will add to this list as I remember or hear more.

No comments: