Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, September 5, 2008

Update.

I haven't heard anything on the job yet, I just wanted to let you know.

My birthday was full of ups and downs. I had a long nap with A in the afternoon, after a morning of errands completed to a seemingly full orchestra a whining and complaining. By the time we got home, I wasn't feeling well at all. I gave up on all the grand plans I had for my birthday and hence the nap. When I woke up, T was offering to make dinner and I readily accepted his plan. That was a wonderful turn of events. By the time we were eating, my extended family was starting to arrive for the party. The children played and the adults chatted. We had cake and ice cream. It was fun. My family loves me. As alone as I feel sometimes, I know that I am far better supported than anyone I've ever known who has gone through a divorce. I've made it through the anniversary and my birthday. School will be in full swing, with all of the school children in class on Monday. I'm glad that we've had such a leisurely pace getting everything organized. E has started Orchestra and really enjoys "her violin". T believes that Jr. High was a gift from above. Q in all over kindergarten and C will be glad to get back to his friends - home is boring.
Personally, I have never been under more stress or pressure. There are cracks on the surface of my life. My lawn needs to be mowed and the laundry needs to be folded, but for the most part, we are doing well. (I mean, those are the kinds of things that anyone can say, right?) We are surviving. Sometimes, it feels better than surviving and sometimes it feels like I'm going down waving my white flag. Honestly, though, those times are few. Although I know we'll be having more of them as we get all of the details of the divorce worked out, I'm hopeful that as this hammering phase comes to an end we will be able to have more peace in our lives. At any rate, today I feel good. I really felt like getting to my work this morning, which is a good sign. After the cake and ice cream last night, my stomach is a little achey this morning, but that's about it. I'm okay. 

5 comments:

Lara said...

Glad to hear that you are ok...wish you were better:) Call me when you get time and Happy Belated Birthday! (I tried to call, I hope you got my message)

EarlGirl said...

Happy late birthday! I'm glad you're hanging in there. I'll bet your birthday next year will find you in a much easier place!

tatum said...

happy birthday, sorry it was so tiring. i feel so tired too and i only have 2 kids, so i know you must be dying. i am so glad you have your family, your right, not a lot of people going through a divorce have a lot of support, i know. your doing so well, we will have to chat again soon.

good luck on the job.

Marci said...

Happy late birthday! I'm sorry it wasn't a perfect day. Hopefully you will have one of those soon. Don't lose that positive outlook on life that you always have - you will get through this. I know you will.

tharker said...

Hey Abby. Thanks for your comment. It's always nice to "chat" with other moms who get the crazy things that kids say and do.

Happy Belated Birthday!