Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy

A number of people have told me that I look happier lately. Many of them were very surprised at how happy I looked. Yesterday, my sister told me that she sees a difference in my home, too. Not that it was ever "dirty", but things just seem to be more in place than they have been in the last couple of years.
It isn't so much that I've spent a ton of time on myself, or cleaning the house (although I did clean on Saturday night). I realized that, although I wasn't a complete mess and I still enjoyed life - I was carrying some intense and excruciating burdens over the last couple of years and it showed in my countenance and in my home. Those burdens are gone now. I still have burdens, but they are new burdens. They are heavy but they don't feel so overwhelming. I am happy. I had been surviving emotionally day to day for a long time. Finally, I have come to a place where I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. It's not that anything big has changed in the last month or so, I'm just at peace. I have turned control over to the Lord. I feel healthier emotionally. I'm not worried for the future or even trying to figure out what He has in mind. I don't waste much time on those things. I don't have it to waste. I have better things to do. 

4 comments:

Lara said...

You do look great. I have been trying to figure out what is was...I like your hair, you've done something different. You just look great over all.

Angie said...

You are wonderful and I love you! Yeah for your happiness, your peace and the good it's doing in your life.

Marci said...

I am so glad to hear you have been able to feel happines again. You have been through a lot. Here's to more happy days to come!

Melinda said...

Abby,
I just wanted to let you know you have been tagged. Go to my blog to read the details. I'd love to learn more interesting facts about you.

your blogging friend,
Melinda