Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Friday, September 19, 2008

No from Tai-Pan.

It's a little weird, considering how well my interviews went. I'm wondering if they are trying to see where I'd fit in another way because they talked about so many ways they'd like to use me. I'm not really concerned about it.
When you accept that the Lord is in charge, it is easier to let go of things like this. Most of my contentedness at this juncture is wrapped up in the faith I have in Christ. I don't know what he has in store for me. I know that the turns life has taken lately have been huge. I hope that I can stay close enough to the Spirit to maintain some balance. There are so many things moving in my life, almost all of which I have no control over. Some of the things I thought were rock solid seem like quicksand to me now. I have to let go of things that aren't helping me do the work I need to do. A lot of that work is mental. I've had to clear out room in some of my emotional storage bins, too.
Life is just crazy, isn't it? I married Dan 15 years ago, and assumed that part of life was settled. Now, he watches our children while I'm at work, and I'm his Scentsy lady. Our relationship has changed a lot. It's okay. Most of the time, it's good. The kids have good days and bad days, which really is pretty normal. Major breakdowns are getting less common. We are all growing a lot.
Right now, I think it's high time I get to bed. I will enjoy sleeping in tomorrow and just doing some plain old household chores. In the afternoon, I'll be doing a Scentsy Party, which will be fun. It is in my own neighborhood, and many of my friends will be there. It will feel like time to myself in many ways.
Here's to friends, to growth, to trusting in the Lord with all our hearts.

5 comments:

Angie said...

The humility and faith with which you take on each challenge thrown at you is awe inspiring. I'm always so glad to read your posts and seeing you're doing so much better than could be expected. (and you're insights often fuel discussions for my Gospel Doctrine lessons--again this week since we're talking about Hel 1-5 and the "Rock") love you!

tatum said...

their loss, you are doing so awesome, hang their and we'll have to chat again soon. =) miss ya

Lara said...

You are awesome Abby! I hope to be like you when I grow up someday! I wish I had faith and hope like you. Life is going to only get better for you, I am sure of it!

The Lund Five said...

I hope that your Scentsy party went well. Did you come and get my party tester at all? I don't know if you got the message I left you on facebook about it being in the winder dairy cooler on our porch.

Marci said...

Sorry to hear about Tai-pan....but it must mean something better for you is on the horizon. You are amazing and your attitude is so inspiring. Thanks for reminding me that I can get through anything.