Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

These Days

Life has been so crazy and packed lately, I hardly know when I'm coming or going, but I know I've been blessed. (And Thank Heaven at least I know that, right?)
I had a dream last week in which I was panicking about not having done my math homework. When I woke up, I realized that I wasn't enrolled in a math class at the moment. Boy was I glad not to be enrolled, and behind, in a math class. . . but it got me thinking. I need to get into quite a few classes, and I need to get moving with a nursing program if I hope to be working as a nurse anytime soon. I did very well in my CNA course, and loved it. It's like I finally realized what cloth I'm made of, and what it should be made INTO! Took me long enough, but then, I could have missed it altogether. That is one of the blessings of my divorce. It forced me out of a comfort zone and into a place where I had to make choices and changes. As I have embraced that, I have learned so much about myself. . . many of those things I would never have guessed, but they will forever enrich my life.
As I contemplated the need for a nursing program, as often is the case, a friend popped in and made a suggestion. I followed up on it, and was intrigued. It was the best fit so far with what I have already done, and what I would need to do (in terms of a time frame) to get into a nursing career. I'm quite excited about what I have learned to this point, and I think tomorrow I'll sign up for an independent study math course. For the program I'm considering, I only need to have an Intermediate Algebra course within the last year to start, rather than College Algebra. Let's face it, the days when I could whip Calculus questions are long behind me (like more than 20 years)! I have a great deal of backing up and refreshing to do where math is concerned. I can do that course, and then more easily move on the the College Algebra when I've completed it. So. . . very soon, I may have some math homework to do, but I think it will be a much more natural progression. It feels great! Just having the bare bones of a plan feels wonderfully great, but starting to fill in some of the blanks and answer some of the questions feels even better.
So yes, life is crazy and packed, but it is good. . . and moving forward.

No comments: