Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

If it hadn't happened to me. . .

I probably wouldn't believe it.

This week, I was contemplating what I needed to do to get my house ready to rent. As I was going to bed on Thursday night, I said a little prayer and asked that if there was a family that needed to be in my neighborhood and rent my home, that they would be guided to it. Well, little did I know, but at the same time, there was a man on the other side of town praying to be able to find the right place for his family. He called someone about an ad in the paper for a home for rent. That person knew me, knew my home, and that it was (that very day) becoming available to rent. My friend called me to see whether or not it would be okay for her friend to show my home to the man. . . I, of course said, "YES!" Within 7 hours of that early morning phone call and less than 24 hours from the time I was praying, my home was rented by a family grateful and thrilled to be there. They have signed a year's lease and would like to have the option to extend that lease. I have never in my life had a prayer answered so quickly and directly. Let's just say that sometimes the Lord chooses to do His work in a very dramatic fashion. I mean, really really dramatically.

Does it get any better than that? Alright, you asked so let's just add this. The day before the 'Miracle of the house being rented in one day,' I heard back from people at the University of Utah. It was all very good and unexpected news. I was already flying HIGH. What I learned from the "U" was this: They WILL accept the general education credit from my Bachelor's Degree. . . no matter how long it has been since I completed it. (Unbelievable! Amazing! Heart-stopping!) Two of the classes I took previously will count toward my Nursing Pre-Requisites. That leaves me with just 8 classes to take in two years. . . one of which I am doing through Independent Study right now. That is a full year right off the top of my degree. I can also do all of my pre-reqs at my local community college. Much less expense and travel and that means more time and money to do Other things I need to do.

Better, you ask? Yes, yes. . . it does indeed. It appears, from speaking with my bank, that I will be able to refinance my home. My hope is that I'll be able to do that within the next six months. The most important thing involved here is the value of the home. If the home's value tanks, it won't work. Shall we just think positively? When it works out, I will be able to quit my current job, and work as a CNA in Home Healthcare. I have a job waiting for me, ready to go. I look forward to that. It is an incredibly flexible job, which will make meshing paid work coursework feasible. It will also allow for extended hours of time with my children on a much more common, dare we say—DAILY—occurrence. Of all these blessings, this is the one that I am looking forward to most. The thing I have missed most, upon returning to work, has been time with my children. They need me. They have had excellent care, but children do just need their mommies sometimes. . . and their mommy needs them, too.

So yes, it's true. If it hadn't happened to me in one 48 hour window. . . I probably wouldn't believe it. It did happen, however. I am a believer. I believe.


1 comment:

DotsofDelight said...

That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :-)