Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

The State of my Affairs.

I feel like I'm starting to gel, in terms of where I am and what I hope to accomplish in the next couple of years. It's a nice feeling considering that I've been in such a state of flux for so long. I now have a plan for the next 20 months, which at the end would see me with an LPN. This will allow me to function as a nurse while I work on the RN, at the same school. I feel like its a really good plan, which fits best with my current life situation. Before I can start the program I have to finish 4 Independent Study courses: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and two math. That's going to be a huge challenge, but I feel like I'm up for it. Ready at least. Everything is harder when you get into it. I'm going to have two classes at a time, plus work and kids. I hope that I can absorb the way that I need to. I hope that I can get it all done. I think that I can.
At work, I'm about to change positions and take on a management role. I feel ready. My confidence at work has grown a lot, and I understand the way the systems work. I feel like this experience will be invaluable in terms of developing leadership skills in working with people, both customers and co-workers. (A lot of times, those people are unhappy and stress always comes with that—however—I feel ready for that, too.) It's a little scary to think that when I'm in the store with just myself and another co-worker, I'll be the one responsible for everything that happens there. On the other hand, I know that I can do the job, so . . . off we go.
And all the while, trying to stay on top of and maintain the tender emotional balance of my children? Ah. . . . This is single motherhood. On the other hand, none of this would be happening at all if it weren't for my amazing parents and the love and support we have here in their home. The kids are really thriving, and that is an incredible blessing.
Life is Good.

4 comments:

claude said...

Hello Abby !
Happy to find you again !
I wish you good luck in your new life and in your work.

Abby said...

Hi Claude!
I was just thinking about you the other day! I hope things are going well for you!

Lost. said...

I really like your blog... Keep up the good work!

http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

tatum said...

abby i'm so proud of you! your doing so awesome, such an inspiration to me! =)