Here's to maintaining some self-respect and sanity while tending to the growth and maturation of young minds, including your own young mind. Here's to recognizing that it isn't necessary to know how everything is going to turn out in advance, and that often Life has much better in store than one can imagine. Here's to hope and happiness even when Life gets complicated, especially then... That's when it's needed it most.

...afterall, the car may only seat seven but room for friends is unlimited...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Imagine.

My daughter E, is seven and a half years old and is equipped with an imagination which extends her actual reality far into the future. Today, as I dressed I heard the following (in a very teacherly tone) coming from the next room. 

"Kids, you have to take care of the animals.

If you want to be a good animal take-care-of-er
you have to be nice.

You have to be nice.

You have to talk to them."

I thought it was pretty good advice for being a good child take-care-of-er as well. When I went into the room to greet my sweet little animal caregiver, she smiled the biggest smile I've seen in a long time. It was really darling. I told her I thought she was a very good teacher and asked her if I could put her advice on my blog. She said that it was fine. Lucky you!

1 comment:

Marci said...

So sweet! It sounds like you have taught her well!